Home // Tag Archives: newcastle jets

Tag Archives: newcastle jets

Feed Subscription

HOOLE SIGNS OFF BY WINNING JETS TOP AWARD

hoole

Sydney FC recruit Andrew Hoole has taken out two major gongs at the Jets’ end of season awards. The North Lambton local was named Player of the Year and also won the Ray Baartz Medal, handed out by Newcastle’s Men of Football. Taylor Regan won the Members Award, while Nick Cowburn was named the Jets’ best youth league player. Emily van Egmond was awarded the W-League Jets’ top honour. Read More »

NATHAN TINKLER SPEAKS CANDIDLY ABOUT JETS AND FINANCES

TINKLER

Nathan Tinkler has spoken frankly in an exclusive interview to NBN News today, about the Newcastle Jets and his financial situation. Tinkler says he’s committed to the club and stands by the tough decisions that have been made, including the sacking of five key players mid-season. ​”I have supported change and I am changing the culture of the club with the management and with the coach and that’s what’s happening,” he said. He also doesn’t believe his financial situation will impact the Jets’ future and says he’s keen to bring more high profile players to the club. Meanwhile Tinkler was also forthcoming about how he’s been portrayed in local media. “All those problems have been widely reported and you guys have been proud to report it for the last four to five years, so I just keep catching the bullets ... Read More »

JETS ADD NEW YOUTH COACH AS A-LEAGUE SIDE RUES MISSED OPPORTUNITIES

Jets_VS_Glory

Jets W-League mentor Peter McGuinness has a new role – appointed head coach of the youth team for the coming NPL season. Meanwhile, the A-League side is again rueing missed opportunities, following the loss to Perth. Read More »

COACH STUBBINS SAYS DAVID CARNEY WON’T PLAY FOR JETS THIS SEASON

JETS_CARNEY

Jets coach Phil Stubbins has strongly denied reports David Carney is set to return to active duty with the club. Carney is seen as a logical replacement for Andrew Hoole, who’s away with the Olyroos – but Stubbins won’t consider him. Read More »

JETS DEPTH TO BE TESTED AGAINST THE VISITING REDS

JETS

The Jets will be missing one of their key players for the next few games, with Andrew Hoole flying to Chinese Taipei with the Olyroos for the AFC Championship qualifiers. The depth of an already depleted Newcastle squad will be further tested against Adelaide on Sunday. Read More »

JETS RECORD THEIR SECOND WIN THIS SEASON

Jets_VS_Wanderers

A controversial call by an official marred the Jets’ second win this season. Newcastle beat Western Sydney 2-1 at Parramatta, but it was an incorrect offside that stole the headlines. Read More »

HOOLE BEGINS THE LONG ROAD TO RIO WITH THE OLYROOS

hoole

The Jets’ tough season got a little brighter for Andrew Hoole today, named in the Olyroos squad for the AFC Championship qualifiers in Chinese Taipei. “2016 we have the Olympics and this is the first part of the qualifiers … it’s a massive honour.” Following the big loss to Melbourne City, Hoole joined his teammates for a yoga session. Despite playing for the last-placed team, the 21-year-old was confident of a national call-up. Read More »

JETS FIRM AS FAVOURITES FOR THE A-LEAGUE WOODEN SPOON

Jets_VS_Melb_City

The Newcastle Jets have firmed as favourites for the wooden spoon following a four-nil hammering at the hands of Melbourne City. The Jets have just one win in 21 games. Read More »

JETS REACH MUTUAL TERMINATION AGREEMENT WITH GRIFFITHS

joel-training

The Newcastle Jets have reached a mutual termination agreement with former attacker Joel Griffiths. Griffiths was one of five players sacked from the club last month. New CEO Mitchell Murphy has thanked Griffiths for his contribution and says the club is working behind the scenes with David Carney, Billy Celeski and Adrian Madaschi, as well as the PFA, to resolve each player’s situation. Meanwhile earlier today the Jets announced they had withdrawn a code of conduct breach against David Carney. An arbitration hearing was due to take place tomorrow in Sydney, but has since been cancelled. Read More »

CODE OF CONDUCT BREACH WITHDRAWN AGAINST CARNEY

JETS_CARNEY

The Newcastle Jets have withdrawn a breach of the code of conduct against former player David Carney. An arbitration hearing was due to take place tomorrow in Sydney, but has since been cancelled. Carney was disputing one of the three ‘strikes’ against him, which led to his termination last month. New CEO Mitchell Murphy says, “It is the club’s desire to work proactively behind the scenes with David (Carney) and the PFA and to resolve the situation in a timely manner. “We achieved such an outcome earlier this week with Kew Jaliens, and the club is also committed to continuing the process with Joel Griffiths, Billy Celeski and Adrian Madaschi,” he said. Read More »

Scroll To Top